10 Reasons Why Teachers Are Also Excellent Sales Professional
Teachers know that when the weather begins to warm up and the summer months are approaching, the students are only thinking about their holidays and that period of the year seems to slow down.
This is the ideal time to get into a new project and try something new. Why not a direct sales company? Due to the dynamics and flexibility of this industry, you can fit perfectly into your routine and your lifestyle.
You will be surprised how the skills acquired in your training and teaching experience can be easily transferred and tailored to build a successful business in direct selling.
In this article I intend to show how the knowledge and characteristics that good teachers usually have , can be adapted to direct selling businesses such as Oriflame .
While it may seem easy and effortless, the exercise of teaching is infinitely difficult and has to be meticulously planned. So is direct selling.
Here are 10 reasons why teachers are also excellent direct sales professionals
1. Everyone likes to have an extra income . This trend has intensified in recent years due to the economic crisis. People have become accustomed to seeking other income to supplement their wages. Teachers are not left out of this trend, especially when the school year ends.
2. Teachers are willing to dedicate time and effort to their activities. They usually work beyond normal hours and know that preparation is essential to doing their job well.
3. Effective teachers seek new knowledge throughout life. When recruiting a teacher, it is common to know how to take advantage of the training offered by the company and take advantage of it to be successful.
4. A great teacher has the ability to change the course of things when necessary. When students are not responding the way they want to be in the middle of a class, they know how to pick up on their techniques and tricks to lead a class toward their goals. This ability to “read” the public can be transposed for direct sale and will be valuable for a meeting with a group of Advisors, for example.
5. Teachers can take advantage of their great presentation skills . They know how to stand in front of the audience. They speak daily to groups of people. All this is extremely useful for conducting meetings and product presentations at a direct sales company, whether it’s just for a friend or a room full of people.
6. Good teachers know how to control a classroom. Anyone who has done presentations in public knows that it is not always easy to keep people attentive, participative and interacting. The management of a classroom may differ from a meeting with Advisors or potential Advisors, but the results are the same.
7. The best teachers establish connection and harmony with their students. This ability to approach people is essential to define the success of a direct sales professional. It is important to be able to bring together different people who do not know each other and create a sense of community. This is a plus when creating a sales group.
8. The consistency is a characteristic of teachers. Regardless of how a teacher feels or how his or her personal life is going, he knows he needs to put it aside when he enters the classroom. This ability to be consistent will be a great asset in running a direct selling business, especially when everything does not go as we want.
9. Teachers dominate content . In order to present a subject, the teacher needs to study and have a deep knowledge about the topic. When they enter for direct sale, they tend to study all available information, both on the product and the business. This will give them more confidence in presenting them.
10. Teachers teach their students that to be effective they have to be responsible. Teachers understand the need to be accountable to others. They do it with parents, with administration, etc. They are used to being role models for students. All this will help shape a successful direct sales professional!
There are many lessons to be learned while building your direct selling business . However, the ability and experience gained as a teacher, can definitely be transposed and put into practice in this new activity.
If you are looking for an extra occupation for this time of year, why not try the world of direct selling. Get started today !